So I ask him how to get those data. He said that he got that from a Mac program that shows section headings on Indonesian Bible, and he was able to extract the files as HTML files. However I found some typos in the section headings, in fact I saw several times in a while, so I thought I needed to copy them from my physical Bible book.
Turned out that sabda.org has the section headings all listed together! I'm so thankful to sabda.org, they have a very comprehensive resources for Bible especially for Indonesian bible study. I need to create a parser that converts the verse addresses mentioned in the page to the internal addressing used in the app. For example,
is converted to: title="Manusia dan taman Eden" address=0x000208 (where 0x00 is the book number (0 is Genesis), 0x02 is chapter number, and 0x08 is verse number).Judul: Manusia dan taman Eden Perikop: Kej 2:8-25 (TB)
The problem is on the inserting of the section headings into the verse texts. I need a big concentration to write the code to insert them correctly without impacting performance too much. At the end I used two files for the section headings, one is the index where everything will be loaded into memory, and another contains all the texts of the headings.
|Section headings shown|
Even better, there are parallels, which indicate similar or same stories in different part of the Bible. One example,
which means the texts in Matthew 1:1-17 is essentially the same story as what is told in Luke 3:23-38. I want to make the parallels appear as links that can be clicked to go directly to the verse.Judul: Silsilah Yesus Kristus Perikop: Mat 1:1-17 (TB) Paralel: Luk 3:23-38 (TB)
|The parallels are shown, it is clickable to jump directly to the verse|
So 0.9 was released (0.9.1 was shortly after released to fix a strange bug), and I am very happy with this, since most of the Bible app don't have section headings and parallels. I hope this app is useful for you, to study God's Word better.